Men-Women-Oldies-Kids All-Killer, Park Yuchun (or Yuchun effect in China)
People say a daughter is her father’s lover in his former life.
1. I’m on my 1st year of university. My major is Chinese literature. Today, during the literature theory class, the lecturer took a few pieces of work as examples (He usually takes influential pieces of work). He was talking for a while when suddenly he took ‘Rooftop Prince’ as an example! I was so excited… Although the lecturer was talking about how the story of the drama was unfolding, I was thinking deep inside “Don’t tell me he will talk about Yuchun? After all, he’s a middle-aged man….” But the lecturer looked at us and asked if we watched ‘Missing You’. He said that after he himself watched it, he watched ‘Rooftop Prince’ too. He also said he likes Park Yuchun very much because he looks so cool! So I don’t know why but I just energetically clapped my hands. Then I explained to him everything about Jungwoo’s 14 years of wait and about the human nature of what a 15 year-old boy can cope with. As the students were losing focus, the lecturer said to stop talking about the actor (T/N he used Jungwoo’s words ‘up until now’) and to debate about our piece of work instead lol Ah, it seems like Yuchunnie receives love from all men, women, oldies and kids.
2. Mum and I were watching ‘Sungkyunkwan Scandal’ when dad suddenly approached. I was nervous on what kind of reaction he would show but he just stared then looked at me and said: “From now on, if you want to find a boyfriend, find a straight and neat man like Lee Sunjoon”. Hahaha, mum and I got so excited.
3. Today, I opened up just right now MickyBaidu’s page when dad appeared. He saw Yuchun on the first page (it’s the first time I’m showing him Yuchun since I started liking him) then said: “This young man is good-looking. Is he your classmate, your friend? You should quickly make use of your hands….” I know dad is in a hurried mind because I don’t have any boyfriend but he doesn’t know that the reason I don’t look for one is all because of this Park Yuchun…
4. Dad saw my PC wallpaper then asked me: “Is he your boyfriend? He’s a really good-looking young man (T/N lit. bachelor).” I felt so happy especially when my dad is known for having his eyes set up high.
5. I looked at mom and told her: “Yuchun oppa is so handsome!” so she replied: “No matter how handsome he is, he’s not yours”.
6. I looked at mum and asked her: “This person is handsome, right?” (I showed her Yuchun’s picture) Mum: “He looks handsome and has very bright eyes.” so I laughed and mum asked me: “Who is it?” Me: “A member from a Korean group (you don’t even know who even if I say it)” Mum: “You little rascal, you should quickly find yourself a girlfriend. Now, you like guys…”
7. For several days, I have been watching ‘Missing You’ and Yuchun so my husband silently approached me from behind one day he was coming back home from work and said: “I’m all ready. Let’s go have plastic surgery. To Park Yuchun’s looks.” So I reproached him: “Plastic surgery is only outward appearance, you should follow and learn about Yuchun’s inner beauty instead.”
8. My uncle asked me: “Oh, who is it? Such a good-looking young man (T/N lit. bachelor) suits my taste.” When I said he was my boyfriend, my uncle went: “Nice, very nice!” hahaha.
9. When I said Yuchun was my boyfriend showing his picture, they said that such a handsome man wouldn’t look at me. *cries* I’m shocked.
10. My whole class know I like Yuchun. So I asked them all to change my ID as ‘Crown Princess’ on their cellphone and their qq (T/N Chinese Kakaotalk) *^o^*
11. Haha, I immediately fully converted my little son to a Micfan. He shouts “Yuchun! Yuchun!” in front of the TV because he’s more excited than me.
12. I put a big Yuchun poster on my parents’ door room…
13. I introduced Yuchun to my older brother and he used to look down on me because I was a fangirl but he praised that Yuchun was good in Chinese because his Chinese pronounciation was very good in the Lantern Festival show program.
14. I don’t know how many times I ran spinning in the hotel room alone laughing like a fool, hahaha and dad isn’t say anything~
15. You know when you just have to hug and kiss mum and dad. Then, I should wait for Yuchun oppa to come out too. Haha, even if I have to kiss someone, I’m going to hug the TV and kiss Yuchun oppa.
16. My 6 year-old daughter suddenly screamed to me: “Mum, come quickly! It’s Micky oppa!” You know that moment when your husband is so surprised. When did my daughter become a perfect Park Yuchun fangirl? lol. Seeing Yuchun on TV, I feel so happy.
17. Whenever I only see Park Sweetie, I just scream. And that’s when my dad says it’s time to take his pills, hahaha.
18. I was so excited that I woke up the whole family. My dad shamelessly accepted Yuchun’s kiss next to me!
19. My boyfriend keeps dying of jealousy “What’s the point liking him that much? He doesn’t even like you. Isn’t it better to look at me more?” Haha, but today since there wasn’t any TV at school, I was watching the live broadcast online when he sent me a text message where he’s letting me know the time when Yuchun comes out, hahaha.
20. I watched it (T/N Lantern Festival show program) with dad. I was so excited so dad wondered what was the reason. When Yuchun came out, there was no more restraining, ah ah ah I even sang Magic Castle along and you know when you feel so proud. Dad said later on:” This kid really suits my taste.” ! Yuchun !! I’m still blushing.
21. I watched it with the whole family. Husband: “I like this hairstyle of Park Yuchun.” Mum: “He looks more handsome than in ‘Missing You’”. Dad: “This young man (T/N lit. bachelor) suits my taste very well but why does he keep laughing covering his mouth with his hand?” As for me, I didn’t even blink my eyes once and looked at Yuchun worrying about how late it would be when he would go back to Korea.
22. My dad told me to work as an interpreter later. So I told him I knew it without him telling me. If I only think about Yuchun, I overflow with strength so how good would it be if I do the interpretation job. The monthly salary is high and there are many opportunities to go see Yuchun in Korea. So dad said: “That’s right, if you work hard thinking about your Park Yuchun, time will pass quickly and you can meet your man.” Dad told me really seriously. “Since you’re in 2nd year of middle school, learn English well first then learn another language later.” I was moved. Dad: “Park Yuchun, your man is very good-looking, his impression is very good and his person looks very nice. You have a good eye when looking at people. Later when you go to Korea, choose a man with Park Yuchun as your standard if you are looking for my son-in-law. Find yourself a handsome Korean, I’ll support you when you will meet the requirements to become an interpreter.”
23. I was also watching with dad and when Yuchun came out, he watched more seriously than me. He laughed a few times then looked at me and said: “This young man (T/N lit. bachelor) is good-looking. My daughter has a good eye when looking at people.” So I moved my eyebrows and showed off lol.
24. My dad is also used to it now. He calmly accepts all my craziness. And when I posted Yuchun’s posters and pictures all over the wall, he said he was good-looking and cute, haha.
25. I will soon enter college and my dad told me: “If you pass your exam, I will bring you to Korea to go see your Crown Prince.”
26. I was watching Rooftop Prince when dad asked me: “Is that kid a boy or a girl?” Me: “That person is the man I love.” Dad: “………!!!” Then he laughed and said: “You can’t even understand what he’s saying and you’re telling me he’s your man, hahaha” This time, I went: “………”
27. Mum started watching Rooftop Prince because of me. At first, she thought Yuchun was a girl and found him pretty, hahaha. So I proudly told her he’s the man I love. And mum told me if I pass the entrance examination to high school, she will bring me to Korea to go see Yuchun and she will buy me a Samsung cellphone, hahaha. Since I was crying every episode when I was watching ‘Missing You’, dad came to me and asked why I was crying so I replied him that it’s because I miss my man so dad was at a loss of words. When I showed him a picture of Yuchun, he said that Yuchun was good-looking since he looked like him. Really, I nearly became a fossil.
28. My parents were also like that, haha. That day, dad came to me and said: “You’re not studying and always watching dramas these days, right?” Me: “No, I’m not.” Dad: “You think I don’t know? Though this boy is a little bit more good-looking than me, you should still study.” Me: “…………”
29. Mum and I watched all Yuchun’s dramas and we’ve been to Korea twice. My mum said Yuchun’s ice cream shop was especially delicious. She keeps walking around asking people if they know Park Yuchun.
30. One day, I was watching ‘Missing You’ when dad was watched the screen intently and said sighing: “It seems like daddy is old now. My charms are all gone. Is this “Park Sochun” that hot? (T/N popularity) You didn’t even look at me once since I came back home. It’s ‘make-you-lose-your-reason’ “Park Sochun”……
31. I was lying on the sofa watching Yuchun’s pictures and laughing sneakily when dad told me: “Who are you looking at to even drool like that?” Mum: “Who else would it be? Your real son-in-law. If not, who else would make your precious daughter that brainless?” Dad was at a loss of words for a moment then said: “That’s right… real son-in-law.” Hahaha, I feel so happy. Mum and dad, you really know real worth when you see it.
32. I changed my mum’s cellphone wallpaper to Yuchun. When dad asked who it was, mum said: “Your son-in-law, dear!”.
33. We were holding a ritual for our ancestors when mum bowed to one of them and prayed to him to find me a man just like Yuchun. Really, wtf.
34. I’m a mother-fan and my daughter is 2 years old. Every evening, she falls asleep after watching videos of Yuchun. First thing she said when she got up this morning was: “Dad, please give me money. I want to buy a cellphone to Yuchun oppa”. My husband was at a loss of words, hahaha.
35. The most surprising thing for me is that my retired grandfather is a fan of Yuchun. So I really had a hard time making videos for him at his request.
Translated from Ch to Kr: 온리유 @ PYC DC Gall
Translated from Kr to Eng: Sheena
Shared by: 6002sky